View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 04:56 PM   #3
tack
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbattersby View Post
This looks really promising. I watched the whole video.
Amazing!

Quote:
I see in your picture, below the piano roll, the articulations are displayed. Can I draw in the articulation I want below the piano roll or do I have to record my key switch selections to get them to appear there?
You can step record them, as long as step input is enabled in the MIDI editor. At that point, after clicking on one of the articulation buttons or triggering one of the "activate articulation" actions (e.g. from a tablet running TouchOSC, or whatever), it will insert the articulation at the edit cursor position, or replace an existing program event if one is currently selected in the MIDI editor.

See 1:28 in the video for a demonstration.

Quote:
With your Reaticulate plugin, can I still do something like that, where I can copy MIDI notes from one instrument to another and also copy your articulations from one instrument to another? I would imagine that would be 2 separate copy operations. One for the MIDI notes, one for the articulation changes.
Two separate select actions anyway (you'll need to shift-select the program change events after you select the notes), and then you can copy and paste them both at once.

Unlike with CCs, Reaper doesn't have a mode to automatically select program changes underneath selected notes. I plan to investigate the possibility of adding a feature to have Reaticulate optionally do this (tracked here), so you get a similar behavior to CCs.

Cheers!
tack is offline   Reply With Quote