View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 08:54 AM   #116
nitsuj
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
Thanks for the explanation, nitsuj. I tried oversampling at 1x (at 44.1 KHz) and it still reports 16 samples latency in the fx browser window (even after resuming playback, which normally "resets" this sort of thing). I tried it at 96 KHz and it reported no latency. Leaving it at 1x, I changed back to 44.1 KHz and it still reported no latency until I switched to 2x oversampling. So it seems it's not reporting zero latency when at 1x, consistently.
I think there's an issue with changing the pdc_delay value in JSFX. When I change oversampling back to x1 from x2, the performance view still reports latency. Offlining then onlining ReEQ makes it work, as does changing the project sampling rate to something else and back. So it seems that once pdc_delay is set in JSFX it doesn't correctly pick up any further changes to it. I wrote a test program to toggle pdc_delay between 0 and 16 and this does seem to be the case.

Setting to x1 and reloading the project will work, as will offlining and onlining ReEQ and so will setting the sample rate to something and back.
nitsuj is offline   Reply With Quote