View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 10:46 PM   #15
Chris4943
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aymara View Post
You're currently on your best way to behave like one

Joking aside ... I understand your frustration. But I guess the topic is more complex as you think. We talk about a software, that Cockos stopped to further develop. Then someone finds out, that the source code just needs to be compiled on a current Mac to work on Intel OSX. But he can't just upload the new compiled version because of copyright issues this might cause.

And Cockos is pretty busy fixing Reaper 5 issues. And Cockos is only a very small company with only a few developers. That's why I said, that it might help, if Cockos would get the new compiled version to place it for official download.

Btw, compiling means to convert a code that is readable by developers into machine code that can be executed, in a other words an executable program or app. And XCode is Apples development platform (program) to write / create, test and compile software / programs.

That's why I said, you need basic knowledge about development, if you want to compile it yourself. It would be a lot of work to explain everything in an understandable way for non-devs.

That's why I asked to involve Cockos into this "forum success" to find a solution for everyone.
Thank you for responding with knowledge, maturity, and restraint, basically the exact OPPOSITE of how I responded.

I was really ticked off, but hopefully all will be able to have a laugh at my outburst when reading back on this. I was finally able to get it to work, thanks entirely to the combined knowledge of this forum, I just needed to calm down and read through the stickies and past posts a couple more times. I cannot tell you how amazing it was to finally hear another person's music coming thru my computer headphones in crystal clear clarity. It was a couple musicians playing piano and it was the most beautiful music I've ever heard. In fact, I unplugged my phones and urged my wife to come over and listen with me thru the speakers. We just laid on the couch for a long time listening to 2 pianists somewhere on Earth play us a private concert.

FWIW, Im going to make a beginners how-to video to walk other imbiciles with big dreams like myself thru the setup.

Thanks all, I appreciate the help believe it or not.