View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 01:34 AM   #128
vanhaze
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by serr View Post
Ignorance is bliss here with no 4k screens I guess.

Also there's lag and then there's lag. I expect some lag if I'm zooming in on a flac file from the live decode for the view vs instantaneous response from wav files on a SSD. There are visual elements lagging here and there depending on the seeking and zoom level but I know it's from decoding the flac.

So I might be right about that and correctly not reporting any unexpected GUI lag. Someone else might not put that together and report a problem. Or maybe I should be getting better performance than I realize (not necessarily with the above example) and I should be complaining too?
Well said !
For me the same case.
I never experienced the way of zooming in Reaper to be a GUI lag.
Until i saw the comparison in this thread between osx and windows; indeed, on windows it goes alot smoother.
It's not a big deal for me.

For me personally, its way more important that moving items around in Arrange goes smooth and that does for me.
When i compare moving items around against how that goes in for instance Protools, then those move actions in Protools go very laggy, especially when a PT project contains quite alot of items (regions in PT language).

OSX 10.12.6
Macbook Retina 2015.
External Dell monitor attached via thunderbolt (mini display).