View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 11:59 AM   #38
earhax
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post

This should do it.

When you add the "send keystrokes" (under "Window" section after pressing the +action button) action I think you need the check the "use alternate method" box.

All this does is reassign alt+tab to f13 (not on most keyboards but recognized by Reaper). So you can then assign it to another action. Hit alt-tab once and the event will show up in the log and you can just drag it to the macro to assign it.

Hang on lemme test it first...Ok yea it works, but the action shows up as alt+f13 in Reaper. You can change the F13 assignment to suit your needs, just put it in the curly brackets.

My pp email is ork_13 at yahoo if you really feel so inclined, but not necessary. (I can't ever manage to send DM unless it's in reply).
Awesome! I'm out of the studio for the day, but will give this a shot tomorrow and let you know. Thanks again!

EDIT: I tested this out. But I can't seem to find a "send keystrokes" action. The closest thing I see is "Emulate Keystrokes". But it seems like it would work the same as what is shown in your screenshot.

Also, in your setup you're reassigning Alt+Tab to F13. What I'm trying to do is specifically send a Win+Tab to REAPER, not reassign it to some other keystroke.

Do you think this would still be possible with EventGhost? If so, how do I set it to send the keystroke to the REAPER arrangement view, or just to the REAPER application?

Actually, I just tried it, and {Win+Tab} Actually sends the key combo to REAPER without it being intercepted by Windows OS! Fantastic! Hopefully the same will work for the other problem keystrokes I can't seem to disable through registry hacks.

Actually, I just tried reclaiming the use of Win+I and Win+P, and both of those worked as well! HAHA! YES! SUCCESS!

Thank you again!

Last edited by earhax; 06-17-2019 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Test results
earhax is offline   Reply With Quote