View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 10:43 PM   #31
RDBOIS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubreeze View Post
Now that I've listened to the example (in the Nova vid) what strikes me the most is that the strums you're doing are aimed at accenting the B (and E) string. The location of where the strum is most pushed is right there. Move that focus to the wound strings so that it's your strumming that changes the balance of the strings until you're satisfied. I honestly feel anything else is far secondary.
You would think that 20+ years of strumming that darn thing would be enough to get it to sounding right. I guess playing and recording are two separate things.

I can sit by the camp fire or play on stage and nail a song just right (with the applause to boot), but it may require 15 takes just get a few arpeggios on beat. And I still may need to edit the darn thing in the box. I must be microphone shy or something? Recording oneself is a humbling act. Took me a few years to be able listen to my voice and not want to hit the delete button. Now I must relearn to strum the guitar.

I heard Mutt Lange (the producer) made a few guitarists very aggravated and cry... Somehow this makes me feel better.
RDBOIS is offline   Reply With Quote