View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 03:51 PM   #4
K8ch
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
Hi Keith, I can't really tell to much from your picture, it's pretty small and blurry.

But it does appear that you're using the Kontakt VSTi track as both midi input and audio output. I know there are those that do it that way, however, I not only think it can create problems, but it can also cut down on your options.

I don't know if I'm totally different than others or not, but I put all my midi tracks in the TCP and all my Kontakt VSTi tracks in the MCP along with it's outputs. Here's a shot of a project I've working on today. You can see my midi tracks up in the TCP and all my Kontakt VSTi and outputs in the MCP. I know it's ugly but I don't really care how it looks, it's how it performs for me that's important, as least to me.

As to why your bass track isn't playing, I'm not sure, what controllers are assigned to it in Kontakt? What I'd do is open kontakt and play the track.

Check to make sure the slider for the main volume is up at least to -12 or -6dB (I usually keep mine around 0.0dB depending on the instrument).
Do the main meters indicate there is a signal coming out? If they do, then that indicates a routing problem in Reaper.

If they don't, then it indicates a possible CC controller issue. For example, if CC11 is assigned to the "Amplifier" in the bass instrument, then perhaps it needs a CC11 placed at the front of your bass midi track. Or it could be another controller, Check the manual to see what controllers if any, are used.

Tod,

I hadn't had any of the controllers assigned to anything.
I prefer loading Kontakt into each track, separately because I think there are more options...and because doing it any other way, is just confusing to me.

Anomalies continue...
I tried to record some CC11, and for some reason, it also recorded something in CC30 (I've never used CC30 for anything...so I don't know why there would be data there.

Another oddity is that when the order of the tracks in the mixing window is different from the tracks at the left side/top of the screen (those that are shown, vertically as opposed to the horizontal Mixing window.
Also...if there are 10 tracks, I would expect them to be numbered 1 to 10...however, they go from 1-12 because #4 and #6 don't exist.
Very odd.

And still...the FX buttons remain green (as they should) in the mixing panel -yet are gray in the vertical tracks (are these what you'd called, "TCP"?)

Will attaching the RPP file, be helpful?

Last edited by K8ch; 10-14-2017 at 05:23 PM.
K8ch is offline   Reply With Quote