View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 02:02 PM   #37
Robert Randolph
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpunk_w View Post
My point is (Pun fully intended) that it is a flawed design, just because the original automation system had a flaw, does it mean we should carry it through to the new system ?

You can run the reduce action only in time selection, which is bad UX, most people will expect to just make a point selection, not have to make a time selection.

I am not sure why these features are considered strange, it just makes sense, select points, run point actions on only those points, no points selected, run point action on selected automation item or selected envelope lane if no automation item selected or present.
I think you'd get a better response if you phrased your request more thoroughly.

The issue isn't that a bunch of actions don't work on AIs (since many DO work), it's that you want 2 specific actions to work differently than they do currently.

So it seems that the request is that it would be very useful to have the 2 following actions:
  • Envelope: Reduce number of points in selected points
  • Envelope: Reduce number of selected points by half

And perhaps to have the current commands to be renamed to indicate that they work on the whole AI/envelope or time selection.
Robert Randolph is offline   Reply With Quote