View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 02:47 PM   #22
matt_moose
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbe View Post
Hello there, and welcome !
I am confused here... you are ok with mute, solo, select... they are all "toggle" actions, aren't they ?
Aha! There _is_ an action that is:
Track: Toggle Solo for selected track(s)
but there is also an action:
Track: Set solo for selected track(s) (midi CC only)

I've got the "Track: Set solo..." (and Mute equivalent) working, but no joy on any (including envelope etc) "Toggle" actions. Hence my question: how d'you do it?? It must be a CtrlAssign, ChannelAssign, CC, Data2, Data3 setup combo that I haven't got right yet.

Quote:
To arm track, I used the action "Track: Toggle record arm for selected track". I also have assigned another button to "Options -> Toggle metronome".
OK - so I guess it must be an axiom setting I haven't got right. Any chance you could save your preset/export it as XML so I can compare it with what I've got? (I'm a developer/IT guy the rest of the time, so can deal with the real detail - sometimes )

Quote:
"View: Go to track (midi CC only)". This is the one I use to go up or down within the tracks. The thing is to use the "relative 1" setting (and not absolute !)
Okey doke - I'll give that one a go

Quote:
When you say it does not work, what is the problem, exactly ?
With the toggle record/arm, I see the "R" flash briefly, but it doesn't stay on.

I think my original question was 2-fold: what are the specific Reaper actions you've used and 2) what are the Axiom settings. You've helped me to focus on the Reaper actions you've got to work. Now I just need to go-figure what the Axiom settings are
matt_moose is offline   Reply With Quote