View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 04:19 AM   #32
technogremlin
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladerunner View Post
how's your freeware mission coming along?
I'm ready to waste another weekend on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladerunner View Post
i must admit, i keep trying to like atlantis but i always end up unhappy with the way the filters sound. loads of modulation possibilities with it though
Ditto, I like it when I see it on my screen with all the options it has, but not that impressed with it's actual sound. I also can't find any preset-banks for it that actually blow me away sound-wise, like there are for Oatmeal and Synth1 for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwreck View Post
i see that you use soundfonts, and maybe this will be useful for you. i figured out how to make soundfonts last night, as well as combine patches from various soundfonts, using viena soundfont editor. note the spelling, viena not vienna. maybe you could widdle down your soundfont collection a bit by combining say, all the best patches from various gm soundfonts, while replacing the stuff that you'll never use with other instruments in your soundfont collection. it's actually pretty easy stuff.

straying off topic: if someone were to offer up some drum samples, i would be inclined to make both kit and individual kit piece soundfonts with them.

--snip--

maybe i should start a new thread for this.
I know Viena soundfont editor. But I stay away from it for all the reasons stated in my OP here; I wan't to get back to composing and tracking instead of fiddling with to much stuff. I do have a few nice soundfonts laying around and for that I use sfz+ but it's not something I'm going to dive in deeper.

A dedicated thread would be nice though, some drumkits in soundfont format are always welcome
technogremlin is offline   Reply With Quote