View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 01:57 PM   #365
funkle
Human being with feelings

Hey all

I just bought a Faderport Classic and now have it up and running using this driver. Very neat.

I'm rather a noob with this device and Reaper. I've worked out what most of the buttons are mapped to and had a look at the *.ini file and some of the old threads. Also mapped a few things in the ini file now.

Although I can click into automation lanes for pan, various fx parameters, etc, I can't work out how to get the Faderport to actually write automation for parameters in the selected lane.

I can use the buttons to enable the various modes - write, latch, touch, off, and the respective toggle states for these buttons - but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the fader to control the active automation lane. I've made sure to arm just that automation lane for recording, clicked into fx mode with SHIFT + BANK, chosen 'write' as the automation mode....

Can anyone help? Is there a simple 'Reaper Faderport User Manual' anywhere that I'm missing? I really only bought this so I could write fx automation lanes...

With thanks.

Pete
funkle is offline   Reply With Quote