View Single Post
Old 07-27-2019, 03:57 PM   #3438
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings

Scrolling is still weird. The mixer on the screen doesn't scroll to the track selected on the surface.

If you select a track on the screen and it requires the surface to bank right (to a higher numbered track) the selected track will appear on the last but one fader in the whole setup.

If you select a track on the screen and it requires the surface to bank left (to a lowered numbered track) the track one to the right of the selected track will appear on the first fader in the whole setup. So if I select track 36, track 37 will appear on the first fader.

In an ideal world, I'd like to be able to set (in a pref) which fader in the setup a selected track maps to.This would probably be the first fader of the MCU (actually fader 17 in my setup) because it's right in front of me.

This behaviour only needs to constrained by hitting the end stops, as it were. So if the selected track is in the first 16, it just displays on the like numbered fader- so there are no 'blank' channels (let's not go back there again) It behaves as if I'd scrolled manually to the first track (ie tracks 1-40 are displayed)

Similarly, if the selected track is in the last 40, it behaves as if I had scrolled to the last track.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote