View Single Post
Old 04-22-2019, 12:54 PM   #67
lb0
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
I don`t think I can help here, any help from some clever code guru would be much appreciated.
I would store each recorded message against actual play position when capturing when playback is active.

You're already checking in the JSFX whether playback is active or not (in order to empty the buffer?).

Just have 2 modes in the JSFX - one captures (when stopped) against timeprecise (as you're already doing) - the other (when playing back) captures against play position.

Have a flag to indicate which mode corresponds to the data - so when reading the data into a midi item - it knows whether the midi message location should be translated as a specific time from beginning - or an actual playback position.

Of course - I'm assuming the created midi item will always be placed where playback was started.

I've not tried out your script - but I think this would be the easiest way to do it so it corresponds to tempo changes.

EDIT:

TBH - I'm not sure why your method isn't following tempo changes. I'm assuming the tempo changes already exist along the timeline - then I'm unsure as to why recording simply against a start time position and then time of event after that position doesn't follow... So maybe I'm missing something.

Do you know if Eugen's original jsfx works ok in this area?

Last edited by lb0; 04-22-2019 at 01:15 PM.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote