View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 02:38 PM   #9
Icchan
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohler View Post
That is precisely why it's better not to accuse customers who have reported a rather obvious bug of being incorrect and claiming it's not a bug, but rather an "unintended change", and on and on with the blame-the-customer-first school of customer support.
You have never gone to a class in basic programming paradigms and conventions now have you? I mean it's NEVER a good idea to trust the data to be in any way ordered UNLESS IT SPECIFICALLY IS GUARANTEED BY THE PROVIDER INTERFACE TO BE SO (which would be clearly stated in the .ini file or in REAPER docs or API help if that was the case) and you always sort the incoming data according to your own needs and then process it.

That's the basics of any data handling.

You're in the wrong in making an assumption, regardless if the change in sorting was "unintended behaviour", there's no guarantee for the sorting and it can change at any time...

First step to failure is making an assumption. I should know, i learned it the hard way. (Yes, I'm a programmer, even if not a professional one)

So don't take things personally, but learn from them. If you take something personally or start to feel entitled to something, you're on the wrong road. That's how fights start
Icchan is offline   Reply With Quote