View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 02:02 AM   #97
czarnekci
Human being with feelings

Default Some others features ideas...

Hello,

The way Airon explained its feature about ripple editing remind me a feature of pyramix: you can conform multitrack dialog takes from an avid omf. I never use it, but that's the only software I know who can do this.

The features requests are great for editing...but how can you go in the studio for mix? There's no full omf export (by the way it's not enough).
The best way is to come in the studio with your computer, one or 2 MADI out, but I've almost never seen studio who were working with MTC...and even if it's possible, the crew will think "what's this software...no RS422 protocol??". We need RS422, in master (with LTC sending), in slave(with LTC receive)...we need transport information...

I've seen some request about something like Video satellite in PT...it would be great, too.
And for the decklink support: the better way to have full HD, sending the video both in a screen and in a monitor at the same time...And so we need the ability to put an offset on the video track too...

But IMO RS422 is more important: did you forget the time of betacam? I think RS422 is less work than video support, and with rs422, it's very easy to do editing with an external video player even if this one is an avid.

So yes, much of work until I'm using reaper for something else than music
czarnekci is offline   Reply With Quote