View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 02:22 AM   #1
reapero
Human being with feelings

Default Is ProjExstate appropriate for this?

So i want to do some scripts that do stuff (write, read, modify) on files on a given path. These scripts will be used in different computers so the path will be different on each machine.

On top of that, iŽd want these scripts to retain a different path depending on the project. So i can have for example:

projectA.rpp --> Run script --> Define path "C:"
projectB.rpp --> Run script --> Define path "C:\something"

Then iŽd probably want other scripts to access those paths, to do different things with the files on those folders.

Looks like ProjExstate can be used for that? Note that i dont want to reference these paths from other projects so i am not sure if its maybe too much, if thereŽs an easier alternative.

I am a bit lost about the use of ProjecExtstate anyway (bear in mind, iŽve been just recently exploring reaper scirpting):

reaper.SetProjExtState( proj, extname, key, value )

- I am confused as to why i have a k and v there and what they are. Should i create a table then just to use ProjExtState?
- Also confused about extname: (Typically extname will be the name of a reascript or extension section) --> should i create then a script just to get the path, then create the table inside it with key (dont seem to need it) and value (the actual path)?
- I am confused, did i say that?
reapero is offline   Reply With Quote