View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 06:43 PM   #3
A Little Man and a House
Human being with feelings

Sorry, I've been super busy but as of today this is still an issue.

Ticking request sample rate and entering the Presonus default, 48000, no effect.

Before change: simple project, 6 audio tracks, no vsts, add Reaverb and skip around timeline for a while, normal playback for a little bit and then audio stutter, crash to desktop without error message. Can usually reproduce in less than a minute

After change: same results.

I went to the music store last week and I can already tell I'm going to get a lot of push back from them... But this new audio interface is the only changed variable, previously my setup was rock solid with much more intensive projects (and frankly my old audio interface was quite dodgy and old).

Any further advice appreciated, including the best way to distinguish a software error from a hardware one, in case I need to return this unit.

Update: the Reaverb was a red herring. I can reproduce with zero VSTs in project. Also, the playback before the fatal crash happens is completely normal, it doesn't have that distorted sound of a sample rate mismatch

Update 2: I'm going some stress tests in FL Studio and I can't get that to crash (unusual, heh), so I'm starting to think it's more likely to be a Reaper issue...

Last edited by A Little Man and a House; 01-11-2021 at 07:04 PM.
A Little Man and a House is offline   Reply With Quote