View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 05:06 PM   #14
HIO
Human being with feelings

There has been a lack of communication in more ways than one with control surfaces and the developers of DAWs and the developers of hardware to control them. So there becomes this communication break down and I have dealt with this issue ad nauseum.

Eucon, HUI, MCU, and even Thunderbolt and all of this proprietary junk. Yuck!

Don't you just love USB-C though? I do. You do know what C stands for?

Future fast *C*ommunication with all devices. ;-)

I pick my hardware and software very carefully now.

In my small little world full surface control is a no-brainer for me and a DAW, and to say otherwise is your right and privilege but maybe you just don't know better.

Behringer X line of digital mixers are getting really close to Reaper. In fact one just might bite Reaper on the arse sooner than later. Their X32 is getting darn close for smoking a real Cuban cigar with them.

Massaging the tracks with real faders is how tracks come to life folks. As much as I love Reaper there has not been a care in the world regarding this control surface integration issue and mostly out of rebellion or something that only hypnosis and psychoanalysis might discover.

Hey, this is the Devs right and I am sure there are many issues that I am not seeing from their end I am sure. I just don't have an earthly clue and the small pittance of dinero that I have put out over the last decade doesn't qualify me to empty their trash. That just reminds me to pony up on their last major software upgrade; justin (sic) haven't used Reaper in a while.

Why does Logic work almost perfectly with Behringers new control surfaces now?

Because there has to be some really smart protocols and standards to follow if we all want to move forward, communicate and make real music again. I guess we just need an interpreter or speak the same language in this area. I guess this post could be considered contradictory. Okay, so I am back to square one. Which language?
HIO is offline   Reply With Quote