View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 06:58 AM   #122
ivansc
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
I am not quite sure what you mean by "doesn't scroll any more" -- could you elaborate a bit?

If you are referring to scrolling during playback, one possible cause is doing edits while playing: when you do an edit (even just selecting a new note), REAPER tries to be helpful by not scrolling away from the edit position.

(There is of course also an option "View: Toggle auto-view-scroll on playback" that has to be active.)
EDIT: Aha! Just realised your View: Toggle action above MAY do the trick. No time to try it at present (tax man & accountant on my case) but I expect Tod will.

What he is talking about is when you are playing a project and using the midi editor to stop-edit-restart, if you use the pause control instead of the stop control, reaper will not continue scrolling the project once it reaches the end of the current window. Its easily dealt with by using the stop/start control to move through the project editing as you go, but it would be nice to be able to do it either way. |Who knows? there may well already be an action or script to make this easier to control but I havent found on eyet.
Not really a MIDI bug, just a pain in the ass if you are used to working the way all those old fashioned sequencers used to back in the day. Like Tod and I are.