View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 12:14 PM   #19
karbomusic
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uoppi View Post
The problem is though that despite reaper-vstplugins64.ini appearing to be OK, Reaper can't load (some) plugins into (some) projects. I haven't been able to discern any logic to when this may happen or with which projects or which plugins. I have had projects working fine for weeks and then suddenly becoming unable to load some plugins. If I remove track(s) with the unloadable plugin(s) and restart the project, some other plugins that just five minutes earlier DID load, may now not load instead.
To keep me from reading all the posts again, where are your plugins installed? Secondly, is this a standard Reaper install or a portable install and lastly, if you have a standard install where is the reaper-vstplugins64.ini located? There can be two locations, %appdata%\roaming\reaper and Program Files\Reaper where the latter is not the right one and the former is. Also, just to confirm you are not explicitly running reaper as admin are you? The only other thing I can think of is making sure that .ini is AV excluded just as a sanity check as I am sensing there is some type of failure that gets you into the behavior you are seeing and root cause may be less to do with the end result you are investigating.