View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 09:58 PM   #47
saresu.bass
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
I noticed this post since the thread was linked from another more current thread, and also because what you described in this post has some similarity to something I'd dealt with.

I had trouble with Reaper not loading a plugin (Linux Reaper, Linux version of "Signalizer" VST plugin). An entry was created in reaper-vstplugins64.ini for Signalizer which only contained the first string of numbers.

Here's what Justin discovered about it:

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=136

It's doubtful that the same thing affects your particular case (or anyone else's case) but it does point in a particular direction: Reaper is providing a hint that it can't load the plugin when it has an "incomplete entry" for the plugin within the reaper-vstplugins64.ini file. And, running Reaper from the command line may produce a report of some value in troubleshooting the issue (as it did in my case).
Hi James,

Thanks for ur post in the other thread I made.

This is the string of vst paths in the exact way they're added to my Reaper:

C:\Program Files\Steinberg;C:\Program Files\VSTPlugIns;C:\Program Files\VSTs;C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3;C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins;C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit;C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Guitar Rig 4\VSTPlugins 64 bit;C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins V10;C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugIns;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3

My izotope vst3's and Melodyne.vst3 are in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 and Reaper doesnt load them no matter what. Except Nectar.vst3

Now,

Only if I use the option "auto-detect" Reaper finds them!!

and these are the paths found by the "auto-detect" function:

C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugIns;C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins;C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

Why Reaper cannot find these VST3s when I add the path myself "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3" in the Preference window??
Instead, it only finds them when I use the option "auto-detect"

I run Reaper from the command line but it didnt come any report.
saresu.bass is offline   Reply With Quote