View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 11:06 AM   #19
Funkybot
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weston Minissali View Post
The bank buttons do not transmit midi data.

They currently are sending the same info even if I change the bank. But I'm pretty sure I can map them otherwise.

Currently

RotaryA1 thru A8 transmit: b0 21 7f thru b0 28 7f
B1-B8: b0 29 7f thru bo 30 7f
C1-c8: B0 31 7f thru bo 38 7f

When I move from Bank 1 to Bank 2, Should I now define RotaryD1-F8 in my MST with codes that follow where C8 left off?

Example RotaryD1: b0 39 7f etc

Do I need to redefine how many channels my surface has in Reaper Prefs or somewhere else?
Ok, so if the Bank buttons on the hardware do not transmit values that means they're "hardwired" to do banking internally. That can be very good.

Here's what I would do:

I'd map RotaryA1-A8 on Bank 1.
Taking that same row on bank 2, I'd map RotaryA9-A16 on Bank 2, all the way up to RotaryA25-A32 on Bank 4.

Then you're going to have RotaryA1 to RotaryA32. And you'll repeat that for the other rotaries and buttons.

Then you've basically got yourself a 32 channel surface in CSI. You'll probably just need to update the Fader count on the CSI Device Config.

And the reason we want to stick with A1 to A32 (vs. changing the convention) is because the zone file is already configured to map RotaryA as many times as it exists to the channels.

Code:
Zone "Channel"
     TrackNavigator
     RotaryA|   TrackVolume
ZoneEnd
If you were to change the widget naming convention for each new bank, then you'd want to keep your channels on page 1 of the BCR using only Rotary1-8 and assign some button to banking. Which is also possible. Up to you.

Last edited by Funkybot; 11-23-2020 at 11:11 AM.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote