Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflected View Post
bug:
@ MIDI editor: "Erase event" mouse modifier does not work in velocity lane

can't erase or reset

ouchhh
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
That's by design. Is it obvious that you'd want to erase notes by editing their velocity?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeder View Post
Might be easier to delete stuff that are span over a lot of octaves at low zoom level.

The user is the one who picks the mouse modifier, so why not let him decide on how to use it? IMHO of course...another option maybe if it's too much to remove a restriction. But I can see it being usable in certain mentality.
Quote:
Reset them to default velocity (96 / 100) - yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeder View Post
Maybe another mouse modifier context, especially for the velocity lane?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalker View Post
Why not.
Quote:
of course I like it when I can choose my own fav actions.
but reseting the velocity with the mouse drag is very basic tool, it feels strange without it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Who says 96 is supposed to be default velocity? What should be the actual default? Different instruments will respond differently to it...

Dunno I don't think we need that mouse modifier. But I agree that it should be possible to remove events in velocity lane with the corresponding mouse modifier, Breeder makes a good point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalker View Post
There is no, but should be finally...
Quote:
Originally Posted by asai View Post
Agreed, with ED re: removing velocity events with mouse.

Perhaps there could be an action to set all selected velocities to a default number (set in prefs). I often find myself doing: select all->event props->set velocities to same number. I'm not much of a keyboard player so my capture performances have to be heavily edited.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
I concur.
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
Reflected may be referring to this old bug report of mine, which describes the issue in more detail.

The velocity lane is currently somewhat idiosyncratic, using a combination of CC lane actions, piano roll actions, and hardcoded actions. Alt+leftdrag is the standard "Erase" mouse modifier in the MIDI editor (both CC lane context and Piano roll context), so I think most new users would expect it to work in the Velocity lane too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Agreed. It would be... what's the word I'm looking for, I can't quite remember...

...ah yes. It would be CONSISTENT

fix soon hopefully?
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote