View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 03:51 AM   #78
yhertogh
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeWee View Post
Ok, get started! We can help you from here. I think it isn't off topic and we don't need a new threat, do we? We will set up a VS / PC combination, with this plug in for realising a control surface. I think you already have got a PC with an installed Reaper version and a VS? Next you need a R-BUS connection. Or wait, MIDI connection works too, doesn't it?
A new thread might be appropriate, as other people might not be reading this one. It has also grown massively over time. I do want to mention that the VS is a pretty good 16 channel interface if you happen to get the V-fire to work though (limited to XP 32 bit and you need be a little lucky with your firewire interface). Also i still like to use the VS to record multichannel stuff (more than 2). In this way i dont have to worry about computers and stuff, just make sure you select the non-rdac 44.1/24 bit option. Track per track stuff, and mixing i use Reaper for, with the VS as a midi controller, AND as a patchpanel for my outboard gear i like to use (using ReaInsert) and as a big direct monitoring station.

I also plan on coding another plugin for reaper that would allow to re-use the meter-bridge, but those are plans for the future.

Yves
yhertogh is offline   Reply With Quote