View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 08:51 AM   #1
Eichro
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper changed a character from my folder reference

The issue:
I run Reaper through a portable install inside a folder which has in its name the unicode character Á (if you're curious, it's in the word "Áudio"), and a lot of my music stuff is in that folder as well. But now Reaper decided that this Á is now a Ã, and every reference to that folder is now broken. Miraculously Reaper works, but ReaPack, for instance, now breaks, and everything in the recent projects history after the character changed broke as well. Here's the error message Reaper spits out when looking for ReaPack.

How I got it?
I'm sorry I can't tell the exact steps, or whether it's reproductible or not, but I can at least inform you of when I got to this problem.

It was shortly after upgrading my 64-bit portable install on Windows 8.1 from 5.50 (or something like it, I can't recall exactly what was the version when I updated) to the latest 5.76. After that the bug didn't yet happen, but shortly after using it, when launching the program, the filenames got messed up like that.
I tried reinstalling, it didn't solve the issue but it didn't happen again (as in, ruining again the Á character). It's likely that it was something I did after updating that triggered the issue, but I have no idea what could that be.
Eichro is offline   Reply With Quote