View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #1189
Jeffos
Mortal

Thank you all for the feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argle View Post
Is there any documentation that goes into depth about the cycle action editor? There's a page on the Reaper wiki but it's pretty vague. The SWS manual doesn't seem to have any mention of it at all.
Yes, no thread + that wiki is well outdated now (this should be updated ) but it's pretty simple.
If a setp-by-setp example can help, there's one here: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=786961 (<- a bit old too.. if you are on OSX don't get fooled), or if you have any question do not hesitate (may be in the main sws thread?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro
Just tried the latest beta build...
Tried to dock the console at the top but it takes too much vertical space :-( do you think it can be improved, Jeff?
Thanks again, man, I've been waiting for this day for a long time and you made it possible :-) ReaConsole FTW!
Sure, good call MN!
This will be improved in the next build (well, just reduced the min height.. may be we'll better reorganize the window according to its size at some point)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz
can reaconsole be fixed so the position of commands in the text file doesn't matter. currently if I delete a command, all the following commands get hosed.
!?? haha! Please, read what's new about ReaConsole in my previous post (you do not need a text file anymore, and that's another good reason for that!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton9
One thing I was hoping would be possible, but it does'nt appear to be, is something like this;

LOOP 5
CONSOLE /track/1/fx/1/fxparam/1/value 0.5
CONSOLE /track/1/fx/1/fxparam/1/value 1.0
ENDLOOP
This cannot work: native actions like "Wait x seconds before next action" should be named "Wait ~ x seconds before next action (only valid within custom actions)"
(in other words, calling these actions in C or ReaScript miserably fail)

So if you want to make this work, you have to create a weird macro like "my_wait_for_1s":
Code:
2010   // wait for 1s
65535  // no-op do nothing
.. and then useit your cycle action would look like:

LOOP 5
_cutomId_of_my_wait_for_1s
ENDLOOP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton9
I also tried the following.., it works, however the loop does'nt work.

LOOP 5
_SWS_BARWAIT
ENDLOOP
OMG! O M G! But who's gonna stop this guy! ha haha!
(I'm sure you already know _SWS_BARWAIT is not sample accurate but) cycle actions need to be reworked a bit too for this type of use. I'll radically improve the timing soon, but this won't be sample accurate either -> "~ next bar"

about your example: it does work.. but you won't be able to see any result!
Try this:

LOOP 5
_SWS_BARWAIT
_SWS_BARWAIT
ENDLOOP

Last edited by Jeffos; 02-04-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote