View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 02:31 AM   #25
Jack Winter
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mayfield View Post
Justin, any chance you might implement a GTK or Qt standard menu, so that it follows the desktop theme / font size / style, and so the menus can be exported to a global menu?

Or, is the menu implementaion in SWELL and something the community at large could help with? I don't do software development for a living but I can code and may be able to help.
I'm not 100% sure that I understand what you are asking for. REAPER was developed as a windows application. It has been ported to OS/X & Linux by implementing the win32 GUI calls in SWELL. It does use some GDK/Cairo calls right now, but mostly implements the drawing of everything, such as windows, dialogs, menus, bitmaps, etc. In fact the long term plan might be to uncouple it from GDK and just use XLIB/Cairo directly.

That said you can somewhat theme all the OS level windows with SWELL. You can configure most fonts, sizes and colours. Try putting this dark theme file https://stash.reaper.fm/30510/libSwell.colortheme into ~/.config/REAPER. You can generate your own libSwell.colortheme with the Makefile in the SWELL repo.

And yes, as SWELL implements more or less everything that REAPER needs to draw, you could most certainly change or improve it by diving into the SWELL source code.
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)
Jack Winter is offline   Reply With Quote