View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 08:39 AM   #65
Rednroll
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattRice View Post
Hi Rednroll.

Thanks for all the info.

I'm in a similar situation, and all I really need is a spdif input to record two channels from a mic pre (API A2D) that has digital out.
I mostly record at 44.1, but sometimes I might need 88.2 or 96.

I have an Avid mbox 3 thingy, but when using the spdif input, it only sees two sample rates. 48 or 96. It won't do 44.1 or 88.2

Now that you have the Behringer, if your change the sample rate on your Dbx 376 (and spdif is the master clock?), does the Behringer see the change as well, from 44.1 to 96?

Many thanks,
Wyatt
I'll have to get back to you on this in a few days. Before I get elbows deep into this setup, my next step was to build a couple rack mount cases. I was looking into purchasing rack mount cases but I found they were kind of expensive and I would need to modify them for what I wanted to do anyways, so I've decided to just go ahead and build the racks myself instead which will obviously take some time to build and wire them up but will give me exactly what I want to do. One of the things I wanted to do was to mount some XLR mic input connectors onto the side or back of the rack case. That way I could plug mics into those XLR connections on the rack and run the wires to the DBX 48 patch bay, and then use the patch bay to connect to either the DBX 376, 286A, 286S, or Behringer Mic Pres by using patch cables.

For the immediate time I had originally planned to just install the driver and test out the Behringer to ensure it was working well and decide if I need to return it or not. However, since you requested and it would also be a good test for my setup as well, I'll connect the DBX 376 digital out to the Behringer and include that in my tests and let you know what I find.

From past experiences on my setups and interfaces, digital input connections just required you to set the clock source to external in the sound device settings so it was using the source clock, in this case the 376. I also mainly record at 44.1 sample rate as well. LOL! I don't even recall if my 376 supports higher sample rates but will definitely let you know.

Last edited by Rednroll; 12-27-2018 at 09:39 AM.
Rednroll is offline   Reply With Quote