View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 01:24 PM   #56
MikComposer
Human being with feelings

Hey, as some people noticed, producing sound depends on the composition you're working on.

I listened to you uploads, and I think there is a space for improvements. But is the music only guitars or are they part of bigger arrangement? Cause if it is, you got to spent more time on setting up guitar sound and mics. You see, I think first thing you should do is to play more gently. Secondly, If you're not in a treated room, look for a spot in your room where sound coming from the amp sounds sweet. Then mic it in such way it still sounds sweet.

As for in box production, all I hear in lower frequencies is just mud that you could easily get rid of, unless you're recording will be better. That's said, it's not bad, but I bet you're after a really good sound.

If those where two guitars, then then the rhythm could be hp from around 80hz and lp at around 4k, while the other guitar could be hp higher, and lp around 10k max. But it is a guesswork based on my experience, so you could use it as a starting point. Basically hp it at lowest musical harmonic.

if i remember correctly, most annoying frequencies in digital recordings are: 250, 1.2,1.4, 3.8 - 4.0. Use that too if that would be of any help to you.

And btw, is it baritone fender? Overall sounds nice.