Old 01-20-2019, 10:31 PM   #15
InfiniteDimensionality
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by enroe View Post
Woaa - if you get so emotional enraged about such a small point
you need to care not to die of cardiac infarction. Care for
yourself!

Yes, this is something everyone learns in school.

For me this is an argument for the thesis that
reaper doesn't need automation-curves, because
linear lines are enough. You said is yourself:
With these linear parts you can approximate every
curve. That means: Curves are not needed!

Also Reaper needn't be a mathematical playground
for curve-addicts. For me it's enough if I can do
any practical automation - gladly with linear fragments
only.

No, that is not the problem.. The reason to use curves is because one doesn't have to manually enter in a lot of points and that if reaper rendered the curves to splines then one would have to deal with a bunch of points(it can do this internally by precomputing the spline before playback).

The flaw in your thinking is that you think everyone should conform to what you believe is enough for you... just because you don't do it and you think that no one else needs to do it. That clearly is a form of psychopathy.

Instead of trying to justify your own position and denying mine based on your own self-centeredness, the question should be is implementing the feature worth the expense... a cost-benefit analysis. That is the real problem, and not the stupid arguments that it is first impossible, and then "It's not needed".

If it were not "needed"(desired) obviously I would have never posted the request. You can claim that since it can be done by hand that it is not needed, which is a ridiculous argument because then one can say that about everything. Why not just go back to punch cards? It's not technically needed to use transistors and massive amounts of memory to achieve what we need.

...and to say "Yes, this is something everyone learns in school." is simply not true since it's clear that the first 3 people in this thread didn't get this. When I tried to teach it to them I get attacked and I'm the idiot.

When I state that the fact that everything is ultimately rendered in to splines(computers being discrete linear devices) so it is not a problem with the reasons given(the impossibility of it) and that precomputation can be used to deal with the performance side, I'm still attacked.

See, the real problem is that people just like to be douchebags... instead of trying to find a way there are always the naysayers who actually are quite ignorant and just enjoy trying to shut down any progress in any form so they can remain in their state of comfort.

Instead of actually figuring out the meat and potatoes we have to eat garbage... which I'm not willing to do regardless who it offends.
InfiniteDimensionality is offline   Reply With Quote