View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 04:18 PM   #40
gunny
Human being with feelings

OK, correction: =)

The "returning" point at 0:00 is rather strange (and perfectly repeatable with a new project) but the cause of the crash is actually "DSK Strings".
http://www.dskmusic.com/dsk-strings/
It seems that when I use two instances of this VST the crash is almost granted. One instance seems to be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunny View Post
Um, I have encountered a strange crash.
I can't recreate the situation from scratch (yet) but I think I found the root that might be causing it.

The affected project was created in pre10 and today I moved it to pre12a but the behaviour is basically the same in both builds.

The project opens fine but when I try to open other project, create a new one or just delete some of the first few tracks (they are grouped), Reaper crashes.

After some experiments I noticed that I could fix it by deleting tracks 4 and 5 and saving the project again.

These two tracks include volume envelope with AI and they don't look the way I saved them yesterday. When I delete the first envelope point at 0:00, save and reopen the project, the point is back.

I suspect it creates some garbage in memory that (in some situations) causes the crash.
gunny is offline   Reply With Quote