View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 04:21 PM   #17
MikComposer
Human being with feelings

If you on laptop, turn off any enhancements.

Win media player has built in compressor, for those who were wandering why their loud mixes sound like shit on it. And there is no way I know of to turn it off. VCL doesn't.

I also used to have rendering problems. Part of it was listening back on media player.

But other issues came from unknown source; well, some of it again came from effects sampling rate: some fx sound like crap at 44.1 especially when rendered.

Panning in reaper, stereo tracks cause issues too, and you have to be very careful when using those. I kind of started noticing that stereo sounds, running trough stereo tracks, with stereo fx, will create big issues if the stereo image of the item is wider then stereo image of the effects. Especially prominent when using stereo sample libraries and trying to run them trough stereo reverb.

So your mix in reaper got to be made with all those in mind.

But sometimes only using online renderer fixes those issues, and because I usually do full speed render, that's first thing I do if rendered mix doesn't sound like the mix i did in reaper

Worst comes to worst, I will bounce whole mix trough a buss, and then render that, which usually sounds 1:1