View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 03:58 PM   #11
daniellumertz
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragor View Post
Thanks for the feedback! Mixing is definitely something I'm continually working on myself. And yes I agree it sounds a lot more midi than I'd like and was definitely a thought while sequencing this. I'll keep this in mind going into the next one, thanks!

I'm glad you enjoyed the video effects! I do try and put an effort into how to present the score. It's done in After Effects. When you export a score to PDF, it separates it into different layers, and so you can grab the 5 lines out. The rest is a bit technical but basically you apply this expression that can control all the lines at once to make them longer. This is the tutorial I learned the concept from if you're curious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFT6W9uSwbY He's using it to make objects follow another (transform position), but I'm using it on lengthen each line (trim paths).

And yes, sequencing an orchestra CONSTANTLY needs work, to the point you have to just let go and say 'it's good enough' in order to move on!
thanks for sharing! I will see the video, still learing the basics of after effects, do you know where I can find like a list of expressions to use?
daniellumertz is offline   Reply With Quote