View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 09:32 PM   #83
Dannii
Human being with feelings

Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwreck View Post
Forgetting for the sake of a standard just because, what are the functional benefits of right-to-left flow? As is, just like in the mixer, the master is displayed by default because it is on the left. If it were the other way around, the master would be offscreen for any routing that is more complicated than a handful of tracks, or the screen would need to be scrolled far right by default.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
Solution: Match the flow direction to whichever side you've got the master set to in the mixer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwreck View Post
Sounds sensible to me.
Yep. Makes sense to me too. The true nature of REAPER has always been about options.

One of the first things I do with a new REAPER install is set the master to the right but that's just because it makes sense to me coming from my beginnings in analog hardware (and electronics) 35 years ago.

If this was made to follow the preferences for the master, I'd like to be sure the inputs and outputs on each individual block would swap too. In other words, if the master is on the right, ALL inputs on ALL blocks should be on the left and outputs on the right.