View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 12:08 PM   #6
TonE
Human being with feelings

What you write makes no sense, what works with vsti, should also work with hardware synths. First find out what you are doing wrong there? Any screenshots of your synths, routing?

Other than that best real-time transposing jsfx is the one created by boreg, did you try that as well? It is called switchable midi transpose! You can automate its parameter 'status' in realtime, between active and bypass, without hanging notes, so you can record all your changes in real-time no problem, no matter if hardware or not. It was a request of mine, long time ago, and genius boreg solved and shared it, now it comes with Reaper by default, I guess, not sure, but reapack might have it as well, also not sure. For me one of the most useful midi fx for real-time fun! Typically I load 4 of those in series, per track, -24, -12, +12, +24, so I can quickly jump among 7 octaves, who needs more! I have assigned 4 momentary buttons to those shifts, I can hold the button to get the required effect, short quick tappings can give interesting results during transitions. Or if you transpose a sample based kick, can be also fun, again for a break feel.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote