View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 11:08 AM   #44
pinksoir
Human being with feelings

Ha, I was working on something similar to this myself until I gave up trying to learn to Walter. Had a lot of the graphic work done.

I love the flat style. Really refreshing and contemporary looking. I'd use it in a heartbeat too. I think photo realistic stuff is kinda lame, though I use Imperial and think it looks great. In a DAW I prefer function over form, that said, a nice design can be considered part of its function - clear, clutter free, well laid out, and not distracting.

With that in mind I'd like to suggest this. The icons you're using on your buttons are super confusing. I know they're part of the original design of the consoles, but their function is not instantly apparent as, say, a speaker for rec monitoring etc. might be. This type of thing is really important and having them as they are now introduces a level of confusion into proceedings which is completely unnecessary. Design should always be towards the end users ease of use, I think.

But great work besides that. A really fresh and great looking theme which I can see myself definitely migrating to. Nice thing about Reaper is if you leave the buttons as they are now I can just edit them myself afterwards. But, think about what i said.

EDIT: Damn, I just saw that the flat look is just a mock up. That's a real, real shame. It just works so well.

Last edited by pinksoir; 09-16-2015 at 11:16 AM.
pinksoir is offline   Reply With Quote