View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 10:52 AM   #29
Xenakios
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by griz lee View Post
your beta is very functional, and extremely welcome. Hasn't crashed on me.

future? well,

-drag 'n drop?
-playback from the bin?
(if you can do this now, how ? sorry for being ignorant).

that's about it really for me. this is great already -- thank you very much for making it. It has made my slice 'n dice much faster already.
Wonderful to know someone gets some use out of ReaBIN!

Drag and drop of item data is not possible into Reaper... I asked Justin for this but so far no go...What would be probably possible is to create a Windows Explorer file drag-object in ReaBIN which Reaper should be able to accept...But this will of course work only for whole audio files, not portions of them or with item settings etc...

Audio preview of Bin items should be within possibilities in two ways :

1) Have an "audio preview" instance of Reaper always open and using clever command and data sending into it to achieve preview of items with all the processing that Reaper can do with timestretch, take-fx etc...This would be complicated to implement properly, I would guess.

2) Simply playback the portion of the source media file set in the take data within ReaBIN. No fancy processing would be possible this way...This should be easier to implement. But would "litter" the ReaBin install folder with 2 additional DLL's, would that be too bad?