Thread: New DDP Export
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #311
WyattRice
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrug View Post
Only when writing cue/wav images, there should be a kind of textual progress bar with dots. No idea, why that does not work.
I noticed this too, because I see the dots there when I use ddpinfo in cmd mode. I'm not taking anything out of the output being received. I will study on this.
Quote:
Now to the details. Do you really mean printing directly from ddpinfo? Or wouldn't it be much more flexible to create the PQ listing as a file, which can be printed? ddpinfo outputs to screen by default, but you can always redirect the output to a file (like "ddpinfo MyDDP > MyReport.txt"). So the next question is, what format would you like.?I'd think that HTML is a good candicate, because it's easier to create than e.g PDF, and can be made to look quite appealing with CSS.
Yeah, creating a file would be the best choice I think, and HTML would be a good choice, or rich text format?
Quote:
Second question: what exactly do you mean by PQ listing. Traditionally, a PQ listing has the timings, flags, and some sort of text label for each track. Because this text label was not written to CD, it is not included in some CD image formats, e.g. DDP.

Technically this has changed, when CD Text was introduced by Sony as an optinal extension to the Red Book standard. Now a DDP can include CD text titles for each track. But CD text is mainly for car stereo with a limited display. So CD text titles are usually hand crafted for a poor display situation. It might not be what you want to send as PQ listing to the plant or a customer (label or musician).

However: if your DDP has CD text and if you are happy with those titles being used in a PQ listing, then ddpinfo can of course do the job. I've often sent the printout of ddpinfo's output to the plant, it's very precise.
Maybe just something basic that included track titles, times, etc. Or would something like the pdf that Sonoris DDP Player prints out be possible, but instead, HTML format? or Rich Text Format?

Thanks,
Wyatt