View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 06:24 AM   #98
aspiringSynthesisingAlch
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codey View Post
Thanks a lot for these.

I tried to find some tutorials on what I was trying to achieve the last couple of days - recording midi for a drum machine, first the beat (kick+snare) on track 1, then the hats on track 2, which is on another track below, and so on, committing new overdubs to new discrete tracks. Pretty basic stuff.

It would be a really informative video for you to make (imho), if you could make one based around these two tutorials I mentioned, but include the ability to create new tracks and record to them as you go. It's not so simple at all. One has to change the monitoring options, the input options, all kinds of things to go beyond one physical track.

I'm talking about -

Track - 1: Kick and Snare (midi)
Track - 2: Hats (midi)
Track - 3: new stuff etc..

Here's a link to a thread where I describe it in more detail, if you are interested:

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=172095

I've managed to make a template up to do what I want, but it took me about six hours to work it out. That is some kind of learning curve!

Just a suggestion as I think your style is perfect (talking to Kenny here obviously) for this.

Anyway, excellent videos, well presented. Reaper is a program probably more than any other that could benefit from reading/watching some instructional material first off. The more the better! First to see what it is capable of. Secondly to show how to do it.

Thanks again.
If you do a video showing 'what it is', 'what it does' (drum midi magic, with the discrete track stuff), I'll do a video guide on how to set it up...

PM if interested
(I agree with your suggestion, and have 'added it to the list', and would love to see those templates
aspiringSynthesisingAlch is offline   Reply With Quote