View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 03:19 PM   #4
eq1
Human being with feelings

Keep in mind that me offering advice is a little like the blind leading the blind - I'm just now getting more into stuff like this, and using midi. So I'm basically learning along with you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamp View Post
The plug-in lets me assign handclaps to up to three "flexi" kit pieces; I could probably fiddle with the AD2 mixer and get somewhere further along, but wouldn't I still need to set up multiple tracks with separate instances of the plug-in loaded to get the layering I'd want?
If you only have those 3 extra channels, then yes, you'd need more instances of the plug-in, which I don't think is necessarily a big deal. But can't you customize a kit to have only the clap sound? Say 16 channels of clap on 1 extra track, adjusting pan/volume, etc. in that plug-in, for each channel?

Another suggestion might be to consider trying Reaper's homebrew multi-tap delay effect, maybe have say 4 recorded clap patterns, but add an audio send to a different track for each of these, and add the delay plug-in to them. You can then adjust delay time, volume and pan, etc., in that plug-in and might be able to achieve the same or similar outcome as what you're looking for with multiple distinct clap patterns/tracks...

Last edited by eq1; 01-13-2021 at 03:27 PM.
eq1 is offline   Reply With Quote