Old 03-18-2023, 10:06 PM   #3345
Vladistone
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgameaudio View Post
-- Goal --
Have a Parent track with a ReaLearn instance on it
Child tracks are the layers for the SFX I am making
Use ReaLearn Learn feature to map a fader to an FX parameter on any of the children tracks
Other channel controls automatically follow the fader assignment... LCD shows name/value of mapped parameter, Select button opens/closes the FX window for the mapped parameter, etc

-- Specific Question 1 --
Can other buttons reference the Fader's target parameter? Like... can Ch1 LCD always show the name of what I've mapped to Ch1 Fader?
yes it is possible if you tuned/or filter other impacts on the target (feedbacks) ... LCD feedbacking is work independent controler knobs
otherwise, the original Ch1 LCD feedback may be overwritten by the new event. in this case - You should organize periodic LCD recovery or duplicate Target feedback - on additional buttons that will participate in the "fader 1" mapping group.
other cases, as if you set various settings / mapping effects (conditional activation by parameters, enabling or disabling mappings, filtering by #tags and the like) for Ch1 fader1 with the -mode buttons - then there is no need to change the settings for displaying the track's scribble strip .. . I hope you got what I meant,..
Quote:
-- Specific Question 2 --
Whenever I use the Learn Source feature, fader touch gets assigned before ReaLearn registers fader movement. Can I exclude Fader Touch from being a learnable source?
you can press&hold the fader first and then turn on the learning function... it will work...
Quote:
-- Specific Question 3 --
Is there a way to set this up so I can Learn track control values, and not just FX values? For instance, can I set up some faders to control FX parameters across several different tracks, and set up some faders to control volume or pan, while using the Learn feature and having the LCD display follow the fader targets?
I didn’t quite understand you ... so I can’t answer this question

Last edited by Vladistone; 03-18-2023 at 11:41 PM.
Vladistone is offline   Reply With Quote