View Single Post
Old 03-23-2023, 01:19 AM   #13
danflash
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@overtonedsp View Post
I made a few plug-ins for Linux here:

https://www.acmt.co.uk

VST2, VST3, CLAP, JACK applications etc etc.
These are probably the best / my favourite mixing plugins of all time. I use them all the time, pretty much on every channel, pretty much in every project.

Airwindows plugs also get a lot of use. Takes a bit of sussing out because there are so many different, specific plugs Chris develops but many are brilliant.

A few of the GVST plugs get good use (native Linux versions are tucked away on Graham's page somewhere).

Stock Reaplugs and JS plugs are great.

I tend to play real instruments so software instruments don't get much use by me, but when I do I use Renoise Redux, Ugritone, some U-he synths, maybe Surge XT or Zynaddsubfx, just the usual suspects really. Redux is my favourite synth / sampler though.

For drums I like to use Samples From Mars or Drum Drops within Redux, or Ugritone or other samples within Reasamplomatic.

Guitarix (standalone or LV2 components) get a lot of use although I usually put Audio Assault IRs into Reaverb at the end of the chain. JS amp cab modeler also used a lot. Quite like Audio Assault and a few of the Airwindows amp sims but to be honest, 95% of the time I just use Guitarix.

DAWs - Reaper, Renoise, dabble in Ardour sometimes but that's just heart over head really because Reaper functions better for my needs.

I don't touch any Windows stuff ever. Everything I use is native Linux and that's a political choice and I couldn't be happier and I don't miss anything from Microsoft/Windows.

OS is Linux Mint with low latency kernel / Audio packages via Ubuntu Studio Installer.