View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 05:44 AM   #111
azslow3
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenakios View Post
Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, even very simple tests would require an insane amount of C++ code. It's just not worth it looking into it, unless maybe if the 3rd party developer has some personal reason to try it. It wouldn't be just about the ARA API and the Reaper API, additionally a pretty comprehensive VST plugin host would need to be written. (Because Reaper's VST plugin hosting is not reusable for 3rd party developers.)
I do not see VST proxy host as a show stopper, it is not even bit bridging.

Have you actually seen ARA API? I am going to ask Celemony about conditions.

It can be that only DAW devs can get it, there are some special agreements and/or fees. In that case it is pretty clear that the only way to get ARA in Reaper is bumping core developers.

It can be that ARA for some reason can not be bridged throw Rea. Again, that will be a good technical argument to ask core developers.

Otherwise some DIY solution is theoretically possible. Who/when/how is another question.

PS. To avoid misunderstanding...
I am not a man from the joke "nothing is impossible for someone who does nothing". I mean technically I have sufficient skills to be that "3rd party developer". But I have many on-going and some planned projects, partially Control Surfaces, partially accessibility, partially both related. I was not expecting the crash of Cakewalk and I look at Reaper for several (quite busy at work) days only, so not yet "consumed" the manual, had just a brief look at API functions, not yet compiled any tests. So, let say I am a "N00b with background" here.
azslow3 is offline   Reply With Quote