View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 10:52 PM   #28
mschnell
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
I am betting this has to do with the different control paths in here...I will try and figure it out. ... I stick MIDI to reacontrol path
As this is a JSFX, it works in the Midi bus (chain) dedicated to the track it is loaded in.

(In Reaper, there is just a single "Control Path" but multiple Midi Buses; the "control path" is just one of them.)

Hence to influence a VST, you can
- assign the midi message (CC # and Chanel) in the VST itself (if it allows for this and is located in the same track below this JSFX)
- route the output of this track accordingly and assign the midi message (CC # and Chanel) in the VST itself (if it allows for this and is located in another track
- if the VST does not allow for assigning its functionality to a CC, use "param" -> "FX Parameter list" -> "Parameter Modulation / Midi link" -> (target parameter) -> activate "Linkk from Midi" -> click "none" -> "Midi" -> "CC" -> (CC #) instead (same Midi Routing options as above).
- you also can use MidiToReaControlPath to route the message to the control Path and use "learn", but when the target is a VST (or AUX, or DX, or JSFX), this is not necessary.

(I am just writing a chapter on the Reaper Midi buses for the LiveConfigs User Guide.)

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 02-07-2018 at 11:04 PM.
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote