View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 05:18 PM   #24
Klangfarben
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
@devs: I've been running a project all day long now and the GDI objects seem to not go past 666 (is that by intention? ), when the MIDI editor is open. That's the highest value I got here. Sometimes it quickly goes up to 668 or 669 but something brings it constantly down to 666 again. When closing the ME, the value is around 642.
Hey just wanted to jump in and add some more information on the midi editor slowdown being reported.

If I open my current project in Reaper showing the arrange page and the mixer, the GDI objects in the task manager shows 289. When I open the midi editor it jumps up to 329.

Here's the suspicious part. I'm using one editor per project. If I then make a new midi item and move some notes around, the GDI jumps to 359. If I delete that item and open another item and do nothing else, it stays on 359. If I then in that same item just move some notes, it jumps to 369. And just keeps going up.

So, it seems like this is similar to a memory leak except pertaining to GDI resources. That GDI number keeps going up with midi editor usage until you reach a certain number and then the slowdown occurs. Obviously conjecture on my part, but seems pretty suspicious to me so wanted to chime in with that info.
Klangfarben is offline   Reply With Quote