View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 01:19 PM   #802
Jeffos
Mortal

EDIT: forget what is written below. Playing is ok now, there is no more constraints on region ends (with SWS >= v2.2.0 #7 and REAPER >= v4.23pre3)

I KNEW IT! I knew someone will report that.. but no! not YOU Anton9
from the v2.2.0 #3changelog:
Code:
[...]
Important note: the play preview is based on "smooth seeking" so regions are played until the next measure (start positions of regions do not matter).
Croping a project to a playlist will respect regions boundaries, of course.
[...]
.. so region must end on measures. BTW, an easy workaround is to use a one beat measure time signature 1/4, with that you will have beat precision, i.e. regions just have to end on beats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton9 View Post
Is there any way that smooth seek could be set up as optional? It just seems counter intuitive, regions should be played based on their exact length.
.. but yeah I see what you mean and I forsse other reports like that (exactly why I hesitated to push this in the SWS extension). I can probably switch/restore the time sig on playlist play/stop since time sig markers do not make sense in this playlist context.. hum, needs to double-check.. or only keep the crop feature in the worts case. I'll see.
for your question: no, smooth seeking is definitely required. it is the only way to have perfect timing with the current API (AFAIK).

Last edited by Jeffos; 05-06-2012 at 05:58 AM. Reason: no more constrainst on region ends
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote