View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 01:56 AM   #141
sinkmusic
Human being with feelings

Location: decepticon mothership in a hidden place inside a mountain
Default TCP : giving priority to displayed items

In the Theme adjuster You can some icons to be "HIDDEN", but not "VISIBLE", so there is no way to tell the Theme Adjuster that, for instance, i want to SEE the panning knob (whatever the mixer is visible or not), but i don't care about the routing icon.

Unless I am missing something, you can not give a priority or reorganize the elements being displayed by the TCP. For instance, I do care a lot about being able to tweak the panning from the TCP, but i do not need to see the routing all the time. I wish i could tell to the Theme adjuster to "always show" panning, and "if the size allows" only, display routing, with panning being more important to show than routing.

I wish the user could setup "priority rules" for the items to be displayed, according to their needs. For instance, it would be great if, in the Theme adjuster panel, dragging the PANNING icon above the ROUTING icon could give "higher display priority" to the panning, and a lower display priority to the routing.
Or, it would be nice if, instead of only "Always Hide", we could have a toggle "always hide / always show" (At the moment, clicking in a row of the panel only allows for "hide").

(first discussion here : https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....28#post2208728)
sinkmusic is offline   Reply With Quote