View Single Post
Old 06-12-2021, 03:41 AM   #1
stueycaster
Human being with feelings

Default Extremely loud buzz while recording.

When I try to record I get a really loud buzz from my headphones. I took a screenshot of Reaper after I've stopped the recording. Notice there is a drum track from MT Power Drumkit. If I try to record without the drum track there's no buzz but I get no sound recording. Here are a few details about the situation.

My computer as an Asus ROG Zephyrus M15. It uses Realtek sound. It also has an issue with automatically sleeping which I don't know if it's related or not. There are these gaming features which I suspect of messing with things. I'm no gamer I'm just addicted to having the fastest laptop I can get. All I do with it is music and online jamming.

My USB interface is a Focusrite Scarlett 4i4. For this try the only input device was a dynamic microphone.

When I have my guitar kit and vocal mic hooked to it the sound in my headphones is great whether I'm mic'ing my amps, straight in from my pedal board or just the guitar.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled complete with deleting folders in Program files and Appdata > Roaming before I reinstalled.

In Reaper the only third party VST installed is the drum kit.

I don't know what other info to offer.

Last edited by stueycaster; 06-12-2021 at 03:58 AM.
stueycaster is offline   Reply With Quote