View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 12:36 PM   #26
solger
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wino Bob View Post
1. correct - the Kontact player was not listed.
2. it was not listed correctly, it is now listed with the .dll containing file path.
3. Reaper now shows Kontakt player in Preferences > Plug-Ins > VST - as three options: Kontakt 5 (Native Instruments GmbH) (8 out/16 out/64 out) - I'm not sure what the 8/16/64 mean?
8/16/64 indicates the number of supported audio outputs of the plugin (the 64 out is the default version).
If you're interested in more details about this, check out this article: http://blog.ultimateoutsider.com/201...ing-three.html

Quote:
So, I can; a)pull the Kontack player into Reaper, b)select a Library/instrument, c)play the Kontakt virtual keyboard and get both the sound through my monitor speakers, and also see the signal in a new track (with some possible latency??).
OK. great.

Quote:
However, I still cannot produce the Kontkt instrument sound, nor see a signal from my midi keyboard (only the keyboard sound through the keyboard speakers).
but we're getting closer . .
OK. See below.

EDIT:
Quote:
- What's the model name of the MIDI keyboard you're using?
Casiotone CT-460 (very old)

- Did you enable the MIDI keyboard as MIDI Input under Preferences > Audio > MIDI Device?
The only choice was my preamp - Focusrite USB MIDI
I'm assuming the CT-460 is connected via MIDI cable to the Focusrite: in this case, enable the Focusrite as MIDI Input in the preferences.

And make sure that the Chord/MIDI selector on the CT-460 is set to MIDI in order to use the MIDI function on the keyboard.

Last edited by solger; 09-19-2017 at 01:29 PM. Reason: I somehow overlooked the info about the MIDI keyboard model in post #23
solger is offline   Reply With Quote