View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 05:54 PM   #694
vdubreeze
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by tparker24 View Post
Ok, so I downloaded reapack, from https://reapack.com using the big download button.

But now what?

I didn't see any info on the home page on how to install.

I checked this Reaper forum thread, but also didn't see any instructions.

Then I checked the link from the forum to the User Guide (at https://reapack.com/user-guide). (BTW, I didn't see this link at all on the home page), and I finally found the brief instructions:

Code:
Installation

Download the corresponding file for your platform matching REAPER's architecture (not to be confused with the architecture of your operating system).

Follow these steps to install ReaPack:

1. From REAPER: Options > Show REAPER resource path in explorer/finder
  2. Put the downloaded file in the UserPlugins subdirectory
  3. Restart REAPER. Done!
It sure would be nice if this Installation info was on the home page! It would also be nice if this info was in the first post in this thread.

Seems like a crucial omission for the new user. I had to go on a scavenger hunt to find it!

(Forgive me if was there all along, and I just missed it).
Hey, tparker24, I hear you. I may qualify as the most often stupefied by such things in Reaper who might come to a thread like this, and I eventually somehow got it going

Unless the theme or something I'm using makes it different, Repack's menu should show up right up top on the Extensions menu. "Synchronizing" will update the repositories you have and put their files where they belong, which is generally JSFX, which show up in the FX browser, and scripts which go into the Actions list, where you can assign and run them.

edit: Well, I just updated SWS on a newer Mac and it's at the *bottom* of the menu : o but either way, it's in the Extensions menu

"Browse" enables you to search your installed reapacks by dev or keyword
"Import" is to add new repositories
"Manage" is to turn them on or off, and manage options

more or less

Cheers!

David

Last edited by vdubreeze; 05-17-2020 at 06:34 PM.
vdubreeze is offline   Reply With Quote